Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Life and blessings

Originally posted Dec 28, 2016

What has God done for me? So great a love He has for me, that he made a way for me to have relationship.

I have been trying to avert my eyes from the past, from the ways I've failed, felt embarrassed and foolish and how I still feel drawn towards sin. But my heart chooses not to sin, to seek forward to know God more and the power of his death and resurrection. How does this play out in my life?

I can ask for forgiveness or give forgiveness as the blood has covered the wrong. I can then receive the complete healing and excellence of soul because of the resurrection. The body of Christ bore all our sin and died. But He rose again completely restored, renewed and better, I mean he could just appear and walk through walls and time. That seems like a big improvement.  So the nagging feeling of something feeling undone even though it's forgiven, the power of resurrection wants to come in and make it so clean and healed as if it never happened.

I have gotten to travel through Laos and now am in Cua Lo, Vietnam. I have been love to people in their best and worst moments. One friend who was traveling with us, got upset and left the group. I reached out to him to tell him, in Jesus name, how I saw him and how much he is loved and that it is time to let go of anger and to live peaceful and free.

I had a cool God & google translate encounter in a restaurant near here. This girl of 10 wanted to talk to me so we pulled out our phones and started talking through google translate. She told me she wore an amulet on her neck to protect her from harm and that she believed in Buddha. I told her about Jesus and prayed for God to let her feel God's presence.

I stopped near Plain of Jars site in Laos. I met a man with Cerebral Palsy. He was 35 and married with 2 daughters. He spoke some English. I asked him if I could pray for him to feel the love of Jesus and for healing. He agreed. I prayed and Jesus has more space to move now with permission.

I was leaving from the city of Lamprabang, Laos. I ran across 3 accidents. One a semi- truck was laying on his side, my urge was to pray for healing but he was apparently unharmed. The next was another semi-truck in the ditch, very stuck. The next was where 2 guys had driven off the side of a huge cliff. The road winds around and small villages perch on the roads. I arrived after the townspeople had gotten the two men and brought them back up and built quick shade for them. One man was unconscious and being stitched up. The other was being prepared for burial. I motioned and asked the lady if I could pray. She let me touch his hand and it was cold but still moveable. I prayed for 30 minutes and was there with the people. I felt like God wanted me to pray and to be there with them. I want to see people being raised from the dead. For whole villages and regions to be saved. In Laos the Christian church is severely persecuted. I want more Jesus. I want more love to give out.

In my life and what I do, I strive to remain in my identity a daughter of the most high, creator of the universe. Many days I have read scripture before heading out for the day that The earth is the Lord's and everything in it. This encourages me to just be love and think of people even when communication is limited.

In the guesthouse in Lamprabang, I had many simple opportunities to simply share my faith with the Chinese, Laotian, French, French Polynesian, Spanish and Polish who were there. By singing Christian worship songs and melody's to the Lord and by speaking as it comes up about Christmas, and relationship with Jesus. But I want more. I want to be closer to Jesus. That it so permeates me that I simply give off the aroma of him. I don't want to dream of this. I want this to be a permanent state.

I see many different examples, expressions of Jesus in people I've met. I want it to be obvious there is something different about me. I want to point people to Christ. I want to be the expression of Christ that is unique as me but to reflect Him.

I hope you've had a good Christmas season and have a blessed Happy New Year.

Some of the amazing sites I have gotten to see are amazing waterfalls, a 1/3 size Eiffel tower made of bamboo lite up for Christmas, beautiful mountains and rocks jutting up out of the ground, poinsettas, butterflys, gorges, lakes and shy Laotian people but kind and super friendly Vietnamese people.

Three villages tried to adopt me when I stopped for water or coffee. Even though we didn't have language in common, I showed them pictures on my phone of Alaska and smiled and we all tried to talk. The one little boy gave me some of his sugar cane.

The Vietnamese family at this hotel has taken me in for the Christmas season and we went to the Bamboo Eiffel tower, Midnight mass, Sunflower Festival and out to eat and play guitar at the beach and Karaoke. It has been good to not feel too lonely during this time of year.

I haven't seen another person who is not Laotian or Vietnamese for over a week. But wherever I go, people see I am different and yell out a friendly "hello." And then ask to take pictures with me. This is fun but also just trying to be kind and interact with people in a real way all the time too.

I am planning to travel further north in Vietnam, even though it is a bit cold and then to go south.  I am pleased with how much meat they eat here. Have been sticking to beef and chicken.
If you wish to partner with me, you can pray for me to be saturated in Jesus and know my identity. Please donate at moebysrush@gmail.com through Paypal.  I am trying to keep my expenses low but finding a place to sleep that is low cost has been a bit of a challenge. I am spending maybe 10-15$ a day for all costs.

I am thinking that I may go spend 90 days in South Korea to learn some Korean and to teach English and restock some money before moving forward. I want to be able to bless people, to have money to take people for a coffee and to be where I am to be.

Please pray for me to wisely spend my time and energy. I feel like more time with Jesus is always my desire and priority. I also am working on getting a life coaching business going and had to replace my camera external microphone as the other somehow fell out of my bag. I've only had two things get lost, the mic and a raincoat. So I have asked God to not let anything get lost.

I have asked for God to keep me hidden from the enemy and had one attack where I felt my life was being threatened but God preserved me. I felt even all the accidents on the road that day were the enemy targeting where he could all around me. My days are set by the Lord and I want everyone that He has destined for me to be fulfilled.
Psalms 91:7 Though a thousand fall at your side,
though ten thousand are dying around you,
these evils will not touch you.

No comments:

Post a Comment