Bangkok, Thailand-Stopped by a Christian school grades K-12, They have all religions attend with 600 students. The religion class is taught by Christians. They ask for prayer that when the student accepts Jesus then they face religious persecussion in their own family and the school faces trouble. Pray for converts and for whole families to come to Jesus and for grace and protection for the staff.
In Thailand, I was told all young men must study as monks for 1-2 years. Then they are trained in the Buddist faith and continue the tradition as monks or when they marry.
--
Siem Reap, Cambodia-Arrived at Blue Lizard Hostel, where the owner, manager and staff are deaf + one hearing girl from Denmark. I saw healing on the manager as he checked me in. I got a chance to talk to him, and I felt God saying to spend time in adoration, praise, worship and intimacy with Jesus and that the right time would come to pray. I alerted the team of prayer warriors to pray for healing but to tell me who to pray for first. The guy's name is Adam. Thank you Jesus for clear signs. Start with him. : ),
I told Adam that I believe in Jesus and that I believed he'd be healed and asked if I could pray. He immediately said yes. We spoke through texting and also I know the American sign language alphabet. I explained how I would pray and that I would put my hand over his ears. So we prayed once. I asked do you hear anything. He said no change. The second time I prayed, I felt so strong God's presence and looked at Adam's face and saw it had changed too. Not a change we could see yet. Then again. Not a change we could measure yet. I told him I will pray the next 30 days for him. He was in the middle of this day, let go from the hostel and moved but we are in contact on fb. I later saw that there was no physical reason he could not be healed but that 1-2 demons had swallowed all the sounds that he was suppose to hear. I saw that his mom was talking to someone, maybe his dad and said-oh the baby shouldn't hear this. This was the entrance. This man was born deaf to bring glory to God as the man in the Bible was also. John 9:3 (this man from blindness) His mom did not sin in saying what she said. So pray for a manifestation of what God is doing in Adam. He is a man so gentle and kind and a person who will set others free.
I was able to speak to the Danish girl-Molly-about who she is. One of the most profound things I ever heard was from M.C. Hammer, rapper of the song, "Cant' touch this!" He is a Christian and said, some of you knew who I was before I did. I think sometimes reminding people of who they are, that they have value is so profound, even if we don't say, Jesus says. So I got to share with Molly, how God sees her. As a worthwhile person. Someone who respects others and needs to be treated with respect. That it is proper for her to decided that other people cannot make choices for her life, body, mind and thoughts. She was standing very stooped over when I started speaking and then left with her face radiating and standing up straight. Was pretty cool.
I visited a couple churches in Siem Reap. Bilingual -Freedom Church. The planting pastors are from Belgium and are training pastors and leaders in the Khmer (Cambodian) people. They have classes to teach people to be disciples and preach on praying and having intimacy with Jesus.
I was walking down the street and looked into a sidewalk cafe. This non-cambodian guy told me, It's a great place. We started talking and sat down to chat. He's Irish and in his 60's. He asked what I was doing and I said, I travel and tell people about Jesus. He stood up and said, "you're prostelytizing??!" Then I said, hey, you did it by telling me this was a great place. You did it by your motorbike, your watch, your t-shirt. He laughed. Then a few minutes later he told me he also was a Christian. It was a great conversation and I was able to encourage him to be more bold to pray for healings, in his faith to speak to people and just to be free to keep doing social change as God had called him to do. He attends CFSR where I planned to attend the following Sunday.
Christian Fellowship of Siem Reap. It was there 10 year anniversary celebration when I went. The pastors are Irish. I met an Australian lady who started a ministry to help women have decent jobs by making purses out of pop-tops, the lids on soda cans you pull off.
I met another lady who has a ministry to have women see all their roles that God has called them too. Daughter, mother, wife, and individual in Christ.
I attended the women's Bible study and they asked how to do the practical side of ministering. It was awesome to do a bit of training and answering questions. I was invited to come to 2 shops and pray for the Khmer workers. It was so great. I went and spent about 6 hours visiting, talking to the staff and owner Marie. It was great as she asked for prayers for deliverance from a past relationship and healing. Holy Spirit showed me spirit of depravity stealing money before it would get to her. She has been a missionary in Cambodia for 25 years and had a shop to help employee people. God wants to do more in and for and with this great lady.
One of her workers needs prayer to confront some past situations that Holy Spirit revealed. Another is a woman in her 60's who has no family left. She works polishing jewelery. The Lord spoke that He has placed her in this family of believers. That she is not alone and he will take care of her.
I headed to Battambang, 4 hours away. I got to visit the YWAM base here and meet people at the worship service last night. They have a cafe Eden. A school to teach English and guitar and DTS. There were about 100+ people at the service last night. There is a Cambodian pastor and English speaking pastor who co-lead. The worship leader is Cambodian and the songs are projected in English, Cambodian and phonetically in Cambodian. So time to learn a little Khmer-what the language, people and food are called.
I had some awesome times exploring temples-Hindu and Buddist and it's interesting to me that there is reclining Buddah. Our God never grows weary or sleeps. I feel so lucky that I don't put out offerings to my God day after day and he doesn't even eat them. I can offer my life and He is filling me and blessing me to feel great and to bless others. I know Father God is with me and loves me. I got to go to Kulan mountain and swim in an awesome waterfall. I did manage to burn my leg on an exhaust pipe on a motorcyle so have been applying colladial silver to keep it healing and wound free of bacteria. I have just been praying for healing and the pain to go. Occassionally not even 3 pills does anything. So I am resting my leg and not walking too much today on uneven streets in my hiking sandals to give myself a bit of rest.
I have been learning to lean more into Jesus. I have been learning that being tempted is not sin. Jesus says to come to him for grace and mercy when I am tempted. I am learning to accept I will be tempted and to run quick to ask for grace and mercy even when I'd rather just see how close I can get to temptation without giving in.
No comments:
Post a Comment